Monday, March 30, 2015

D.E.S.I.G.N. and Tons of Tiny Events - March

Hello my ever-busy stitchers,

This month has been a bit of a flurry for me with hardly a moment of real rest. I applied for a real job-job (my very first) at the beginning of the month, was called back the second week, worked the third week, and by the following Wednesday they told me that they were looking for someone more experienced. "That's funny," I thought with a very sour face, "three weeks ago they didn't seem to mind that they'd have to train me!" That particular event ate up a lot of my time this month as did a rather harsh bout of illness. I'm nearly healthy now with just a pointless cough.

Between all that I did manage to get some artwork done which is good, so let's get to it.

Before I continue I should note that sweet Carla has changed her blog address and so Tons of Tiny has a new link. [You can find it right here.] The piece I'm featuring today was actually sent to me for winning the Tons of Tiny raffle for February! I was really quite pleased with the prizes and receiving such a lovely package in the mail.

This is also my submission for D.E.S.I.G.N. which is about featuring the designer. 


What project are you working on this month? - Mon Coeur designed by Jeannette Douglas. 

Have you stitched a project by this designer before? Surprisingly not! And according to instagram tags I'm not the only one missing out on such a lovely designer.

Would you buy/stitch a design by this designer again? Why/Why not? Yes I would. I left the text out of her original design since I'm just generally not a fan of text, but I imagine if her other designs are as cute as this I wouldn't have any hesitation to do so. I really enjoy the lacey-ness of it and, of course, her very lovely choices for shades of pink. I also sincerely love the BEADS!

What made you choose this particular design/designer? It was sent to me and I hadn't done a Tons of Tiny piece yet this month.

Did you notice anything that distinguished this designer from others? She specifically mentioned doing the backstitching first to help give placement to the other elements. It's also one of the very few patterns I've done that does full partial stitches (over one X's) instead of just quarter stitches.

I noticed for myself that it was difficult for me to decide until I got started what was considered the Dark Pink and what was considered Mulberry. As it turns out Mulberry is a variegated thread and that's why it was difficult for me to pinpoint on the provided finished photo and Dark Pink is more like what I would call a burgundy. Oh well!

I used both my own linen and bead tutorials to help me get moving right along. All in all it took me just two hours and eight minutes. I'm very pleased! It's been about a million years since I did a fast stitching project and it really helped to remind me how relaxing it can be.

The Mucha Princesses are technically done this month but aren't quite done being quality checked by my sister stitchers to make sure the colors I've chosen match the real world. Once they are though you can be certain there will be a post announcing their availability on Etsy.

Pinky
Ashley Mae

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! And thank you for the name change shout out :D Unless Magical wants to stitch up another swatch, I volunteer for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a super cute tiny you got there, and an other designer I didn't know about yet too ^_^

    ReplyDelete